According to Central Bank of Bahrain’s (CBB) circular OG/309/2022, all retail banks must comply with the requirements stipulated in Chapter 5 of operational risk management module. The CBB is planning to inspect ATM installations selectively. Non-compliance could lead to suspension of ATM and financial penalty.
To comply with OM moule banks must:
- Record details of site risk assessment
- Notify the CBB in writing when ATMs are installed, removed or terminated
- Equip ATMs with panic alarms and remote signaling
- Ensure ATMs are equipped with closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Request regular site sweeps if the area is covered by public CCTV
- Ensure adequate and effective lighting
- Install fire alarms and fire defense measures
- Replenish ATMs using specialised service providers
- List maintenance, replenishment and inspection visits by staff or other authorised parties
How can we help?
Contact us to schedule an ATM physical security assessment.