Asset valuations are crucial to any business. Valuations are often done as part of the acquisition or disposal of assets or for financial reporting requirements. However, revaluations – when done properly and at the appropriate time – can be a key way of assessing balance sheet health – and bolstering equity.
Revaluing assets – including property – can help businesses:
- Improve leverage ratios
- Show the true market value of appreciating assets
- Determine accurate pricing for sale-and-leaseback purposes
- Improve financing credibility
As a market-leading consultant, Keypoint’s management consulting team advises a wide variety of clients, ranging from major banks and large corporations to SMEs.
This empowers us to:
- Revalue and report alternative assets through fair value
- Value various types of property and tangible assets
- Recognise intangible assets that may have been improperly recognised
- Analyse purchase price allocation
- Measure impact on shareholders’ equity
- Identify key areas for improvement
- Advise on the commercial potential of a range of assets – including property
- Forecast maintenance costs and capital expenditure
- Identify highest and best use of property and assets
For more information on how to determine whether this is the appropriate time to revalue your assets, please contact us.